Heavenly Guacamole & Friday Potluck Party!

It’s that time again!
Friday Potluck Party!!!
Grab the code for the Potluck Friday button
Please join the party by entering your favorite post (from your blog) from the past week — arts & crafts, photography, ideas and, of course, recipes are all welcome.

I can’t wait to see your posts.

Also, at this time, I want to give my new blog friend Michelle @ Fit Foodista a shout out. Over the last few weeks, we’ve become friends and she’s been posting dedicated blog posts to my Friday Potlucks. Please please please be sure to check out her blog (as well as blogs from the other potluckers!)

This week I’m bringing Heavenly Guacamole to the potluck. One of my favorite dishes – very tasty, very easy, and… very tasty. Wait, I already said that. I say that a lot. Tasty. Tasty. Tasty.
Enough with the broken record. It’s a favorite at parties and at home.
Its also made from all fresh ingredients and is pretty darned good for you with no preservatives. Until you add the chips or the burger — whatever you plan to eat with it.
I’ve made this into a small batch, but you can easily make much larger batches.

Heavenly Guacamole
2 avocados (set pits aside)
1 tomato
1 green onion
3-4 stems cilantro
1/2 jalapeno
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
Dice all solid ingredients and mash together. Mash less if you want a less chunky guac. I like it chunky because I like to see what I’m eating. Add the lime juice to keep from browning. I like to place the pits in also to keep from browning and to add visual interest.
Eat! Serve with tortilla chips. (Or add to a burger, or many other uses.) If you prefer a little less onion or garlic, feel free to leave either out; on the flip side, if you prefer more, then by all means…!
Now it’s time to party! Join the potluck by entering a favorite post from your blog this week.
Instructions for entering are below:

1. Enter your post using the link to enter here below. This post must be published on your blog before you join the potluck.

2. Link back to this blog, EKat’s Kitchen using the button on the right of the page or a link.

3. Visit your fellow potluckers’ pages and leave them a comment.4. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about my potluck party.

Party on!

9. Buffalo Chicken Pizza

10. Oatmeal & Nuts Cookies

11. Chocolate Sandwich Cookie

12. Chicken Stir Fry

13. Shrimp Toasts & Soup

14. Cranberry Apple Crisp

This linky list is now closed.

EKat’s Kitchen :. a series of culinary experiments and digressions on life. © 2010-2011

1. Okay Erin! I’ve been saving a fabulous recipe for your potluck! I’ll have it up tonight or tomorrow then LinkY Here I come! Your guac looks delish – if only I could eat avocado! Can you believe I’m allergic to them? And they are one of my favorites. Oh well. I might make this anyway for a party I’m going to this weekend.

2. Looking forward to it Lindsey! Bummer about avocados – they are one of my favorites too. Hope the party goes well!

3. Karen says:

Mmmm. I could eat guacamole on just about anything! I love your classic ingredients. Looks great.

4. Really heavenly guacamole my side is with lot of onions more garlic..mouthwatering with nachos 🙂

All the best,

Gera

5. DarcyLee says:

We love guacamole around here-even my 15-month-old grand daughter! Yours looks so good. I’ll be back on Friday for potluck.

6. DebinHawaii says:

I could eat guacamole every day I think! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will try to join in the Potluck this week–it looks like fun. 😉

Aloha,

Deb

7. Yummy! We just love guacamole Erin! 🙂

8. Debbie says:

Yummy, I could eat that entire bowl of guac….I make it, but do not add in as much as you do…I will have to try it your way. Coming over from Vanessas.

9. Vanessa says:

Hi Erin! Thanks so much for joining the party again this week! I am the only avocado lover in my house but I could seriously eat all of that just on my own…maybe late at night when no one could see me! 🙂
    Vanessa
    P.S. I LOVE your new header! It’s new right? 🙂

10. Hi Vanessa, thanks for hosting again! And yes, it’s new; I am striving a little more each week to make my blog look just a smidge more professional. There will be a little post on exactly why after tomorrow! 🙂

Erin

11. @everyone so far, thanks for all of your wonderful comments and compliments – this really is the best guac I’ve come across, and the best part is that I know exactly what’s in it! 🙂

12. Indie.Tea says:

I love guacamole, and its just about dinner time…and your gorgeously green picture is making me very, very hungry!

13. Great Guac! Classically made and so delicious. I could eat the whole bowl! Yummy!
    Yvonne

14. Hey Erin! All linked up for the week. Thanks again for hosting the party. :o)

15. Hi Erin! Thanks so much for visiting and for the comment! Looking forward to exploring your site…I love finding great recipes to try out!

And thanks for hosting the potluck party!!

16. Jacqueline says:

Love the lime in it anytime. I could eat it all by myself, but you know they say it is healthy for you. Yum.

17. Sad to say, but I did a pretty good job of eating most of it all on my own. 🙂 Oh well.

18. Donna says:

hahahaha…ok Erin, I took the plunge and entered your pot luck;) Of course, since I’m new to this: I messed up and used the wrong picture:) Now it looks like me throwing leaves is “simple to fabulous” 🙂 hahahahah…oh well, it’s kinda funny anyways:) THANKS!

19. Donna, I just posted on your blog, but I love the leaves picture – it’s so much fun!! And I love your recipe – lovely.

Erin

20. Awesome guac! It looks delicious and addicting! Thanks!

21. Debinhawaii says:

I just linked up my Sesame Shrimp Toasts and Egg Drop Soup to the Potluck to join your delicious guacamole and the other great dishes. 😉 Have a wonderful weekend.

Aloha,

Deb

22. Carolyn says:

Love the Potluck Party idea. I’ve brought dessert!

23. Sue says:

Yum, I’ll have to try this!

S
    xo

24. Hi Erin,

Thanks for dropping by my blog, love to be part of this party. Have a nice weekend dear..

25. Kelsey says:

ah, missed the deadline for the potluck! definitely doing it next week

1. December 5, 2012

[…] Heavenly Guacamole My guacamole might just be award-winning, if I ever entered it into any contests. Since I […]

2. July 15, 2016