Eggplant Parmesan (healthy) with Spaghetti Squash and Fresh Tomato Sauce (and a Surprise!!!)

1. Karen says:

I’ve still not tried spaghetti squash…need to do that! Looks really yummy. Great hearty dish. And it even passed the meat-free test! ha.

2. Donna says:

WOW…you have had quite an overwhelming week! I would have been elbow deep in chocolate, if that were me:) hahahaha…so congrats on both a ‘slim dinner’ AND a return to Alaska;)

3. Spaghetti squash with the eggplant is a surprise and a good healthy treat. I don’t use it enough. I am printing this now.

I am getting nervous. This is the second recipe, I am printing in the last five minutes. I only print what I really want to make. There are only seven days in a week.

Thanks for this unusual take on a common recipe. It sounds so much better than my old version of eggplant.

Thanks for linking this to My Meatless Mondays.

4. What a delicious recipe! I have 2 spaghetti squash in my kitchen just waiting to be used. Thanks for the idea! 🙂

5. Katia says:

Wow, this looks DELICIOUS! I have never been lucky in cooking eggplant, but this is tempting me to try it again. I just had spaghetti squash the other day with just butter, Parmesan cheese and garlic, it was very good!
    Thanks for stopping by my cooking blog.
    Katia

6. girlichef says:

I’m on the lookout for some spaghetti squash…haven’t seen any yet this year around here. Your meal sounds fabulous! =)

7. This sounds like a great dish, genius combo! thanks for sharing!

8. DORCAS says:

This looks delicious. Will give it a try. Thank you for sharing.
    Dorcas
    4sweetangels.bloodspot.com

9. girlichef says:

Thanks for coming back and linking this up to the hearth and soul hop, as well =)

10. Thank you so much everyone for visiting and for your lovely comments! I’ve very much enjoyed reading each of your blogs and seeing what you’re making. Everyone has such wonderful ideas; if you make this – or a version of it – please let me know how it turns out. 🙂

11. Yumm…a delicious, fresh, creative veggie dinner! Nice work!!

I have been a military Mom for the last 30 years. We still have 3 active duty members. So happy for you that you get to go home! Your squash recipe looks great!
    Thank you for sharing.

13. Hello Erin and welcome to the hearth and soul hop! I love when new blogs link up because I get to go exploring! I am now following your blog and networked you, but your twitter button is not working, so I cant follow you on twitter. These eggplant recipes look so good! My husband is not partial so I usually only get the old egg at my moms–I think though that your recipes look super yummy! alex@amoderatelife

14. Thanks Miz Helen – it feels pretty good to be headed back to the place we both love (even if it is the middle of winter!)

Alex, thank you so much! I love blog hops (I host a Friday Potluck each week). And, thanks for letting me know about the Twitter button – it should be working now! (Yikes!)

15. alicia says:

We’ve only tried eggplant once and I’m not sure it was a huge hit with the kids, but you make it look pretty tasty. I can’t believe you whipped this up in light of everything else going on in your life. But congrats on the big news. Thanks for linkin up to Tasty Tuesdays!

16. Joanne says:

Whoa what a shocker! Alaska! Craziness.

I love love love eggplant parm! And spaghetti squash! What a delicious meal.

17. Ok, those pictures are making me want to go out and score a spaghetti squash. My family will always eat that, too. Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

18. Jerri says:

Very interesting! Looks delicious!

19. Hey Girl! Nice Photos – the final product in particular :)…and the recipe looks delish too!

20. Christy says:

I love eggplant dishes – I know I would be crazy about this. Your pictures are making me hungry! Thanks for sharing this with us at the hearth and soul hop!

21. Melodie says:

WOW – That looks absolutely delicious. So glad you came over and played at Vegetarian Foodie Fridays! This is something that’s right up my alley!