Delicious Portabella Alfredo & Friday Potluck!!!

Friday Potluck time again!!! πŸ™‚

I very much love seeing everyone’s posts and exploring all of your blogs and recipes! Can’t wait to see what you all bring to the party this week!

Also, thank you kindly to Alex @ A Moderate Life for letting me know that my Twitter button was down. It’s back up and working now, so follow away! πŸ™‚

This week, I’m bringing a Portabella Alfredo Pasta dish. Great as a side and DEE-LISH-US!

Yum! I’ve been thinking about this delicious flavor combination ALL day. I love the smoky and creamy combination the mushrooms and the cheese make, as well as the hint of garlic. Inspired in part by the Olive Garden’s creamy portabella sauce (which I’ve been dreaming about since I first tried), this recipe makes no real attempt to be especially healthy, but it is delicious — and I love it.

Delicious Portabella Alfredo
2 portabella caps, roughly chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup white wine (I used Chenin Blanc)
4 oz prepared Alfredo sauce
1 packet of McCormick’s alfredo mix
1 cup milk
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
1/2 cup freshly grated white cheddar
1 16 oz package pasta
salt and pepper to taste
In a large pasta pan, boil water, and prepare pasta according to package directions. Set drained pasta aside.
Place portabella pieces, garlic, and wine in medium sauce pan and cook on low until the mushrooms start to give up their liquid. Add prepared Alfredo until mixed well with the wine and mushroom “juice”. Next add the sauce packet, the milk, and the butter; mix together well. Add cheeses and bring to a bubble. Once thickened, remove from heat and pour over the pasta.
Serve and enjoy!
Although normally I would make my own alfredo sauce using the recipe of the fabulous Betty Crocker, I’m in the get rid of as many “extras” as possible mode. We had some leftover prepared alfredo from making Jalapeno Artichoke Spinach Dip, so I used that and the sauce packet. In part to clean out the fridge, in part to simply use them up, and, in part because I was tired, and they made my life easier!

If making your own alfredo, consider making a double batch of Betty Crocker’s recipe.

I’d be very curious to try baking this, with a topping of additional cheddar or parmesan to make the top crunchy, but tonight, the hunger pangs sank in and YUM!!!
EKat’s Kitchen :. a series of culinary experiments and digressions on life. Β© 2010-2011

1. It can’t always be healthy! This looks great, thanks!

2. Oooooooo, good comfort food Erin!

3. Nathalie says:

Good day! I can’t wait to try this one. Hubby’s gonna love it.

4. That looks delish! I am eating vegetarian right now and that would be perfect for me… I could top it with a grilled chicken breast for hubby! Thanks!

RaineyGhoul

5. Love your creamy alfredo! Absolutely satisfying and delish!
    ANgie

6. It looks great! I love mushrooms and I think adding them to alfredo is a winner!

7. Joanne says:

I love a good alfredo sauce and it goes so perfectly with earthy mushrooms! Delicious dish.

8. Joanna says:

Oh my god, I used to just adore alfredo sauce, but I haven’t had it in years! This is definitely a splurge meal πŸ™‚

9. Donna says:

The alfredo sauce looks soo good!
    Thanks for letting us share in your potluck again, Erin!!

10. Vanessa says:

Hey Erin! How funny that we both did pasta dishes this week! This looks so yummy and thanks for sharing it and joining the party! I’ll be back to link my recipe up!
    Vanessa

11. Heather says:

Hope you’ll come link this up to Fabulous Friday! Looks tasty!
    Heather @ http://www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

12. I am loving all of your entries!! Thanks so much for joining the party! I can’t wait to check out each person’s entry tonight!

13. Karen says:

I’ve been craving pasta lately…this sounds yummy. I love your idea of baking it with cheese on top. It could only get better with crusty cheese!!!

14. Yum-O! Erin you make the tastiest looking recipes. I am officially hungry. He!

Happy Fall! ~Melissa πŸ™‚

15. Dimah says:

Yum! this looks and sounds absolutely delicious!
    Thanks for sharing!

16. this looks fabulous Erin~!

17. Looks yum! Happy Weekend!

18. Chef Bee says:

Maybe it’s a sign, but I keep bumping into recipes with mushrooms today. Yours looks like a good one. Thanks for sharing.

Plan B

19. Melodie says:

I’m totally late to the party but I wanted to link up with your blog so I wouldn’t forget to come back next week. Just found you!! These look great. Thanks for hosting!

20. Debinhawaii says:

Your pasta looks creamy and delicious. What a great potluck too–so many wonderful dishes to try! πŸ˜‰

21. Jerri says:

How delicious this looks! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites last week!

Hope you’ll stop by again this week. I’m celebrating my blogiversary with a giveaway for a Presto Cool Touch Griddle!