I think these games of tag can be a lot of fun, and I think it’s really interesting to see what other people post. I was tagged by Carolyn at All Day Long I Dream of Food to answer these 8 questions, and by Michele at FitFoodista. I hope it’s not cheating to combine them both into a single game! Here goes.
1. What is your go-to recipe when you just can’t figure out what else to make for dinner?
Easy – either pasta with balsamic vinegar and olive oil OR a caesar salad, with or without chicken.
2. What is your “guilty pleasure” food (i.e. junk food that you don’t like to admit to)?
3. If you could use only one kitchen gadget for the rest of your life, what would it be?
tough one; probably a slow cooker though. I can dice and mix by hand… if I HAVE to.
4. What’s your favourite recipe “short-cut” to make things easier and faster?
Slow cooker, dump it all in and turn it on!
5. Are you a coffee person, a tea person or a hot chocolate person? Or none of the above?
I like them all, but have been drinking more coffee since the nights have been getting longer!
6. What song, when it comes on the radio or stereo, do you just HAVE to get up and shake your thang to? (Not food related, but hey, it’s important!)
I Love Rock and Roll
7. What’s the last “specialty” ingredient you bought for a recipe?
I’m not actually sure — but probably a spice of some sort! I go crazy in the spice aisle and the spice store.
8. Out of all your recipes that you’ve made in the last three months, what’s your favourite?
1. If you had to narrow down your diet to just one cuisine, what would you choose and why?
So difficult, probably Mediterranean — there’s a lot of variety, and great pastas, cheeses, seafoods, and flavors!
2. What has been your most memorable meal to this point in your life?
3. If you could make an impact on one social or health cause through your blog, what would it be?
I’d really like to show people that you can eat healthy without sacrificing some of your favorite foods; that you can easily cut down on fat, salt, sugars, overall calories — all or any combination, and still eat delicious, nutritious foods. Hopefully that’s not too many… and I still love my Doritos!
4. What is your first foodie memory?
Probably the entire first summer I spent working at Seven Glaciers at Alyeska Resort in Girdwood; I learned so much about flavors, and from my friends the cooks and interns, how easy it can be to cook up something great… and I learned about wine.
5. What cooking technique or dish you’ve tried again and again without success would you most like to master?
I fear that baked sweet potato or squash fries may never work out for me. I either turn them into carbon or mush… both of which are mutually exclusive and I can’t seem to get around!
6. Why do you like to cook – what about it makes you head back into the kitchen again and again?
There’s something cathartic about it — if I’ve had a bad day, if I’m frustrated about something, I just love to chop things. Don’t get me wrong I love implements that do it for me. I also love creating, and playing with flavors to make something delicious and fun. I can be adventurous without jumping from planes, which, incidentally, I no longer like to do.
7. If a robber came to your home targeting your kitchen, what would be the one tool you’d be most upset to lose and why?
My beloved KitchenAid 600 Series Pro Mixer… I received it as a wedding gift… and I love it! It makes baking and so many facets of cooking so much faster and easier!
8. To whom would you most like to pass on your passion for food?
Tough to say. My dog is already my number one sampler and we don’t have kids yet. Maybe my husband, who is as content eating boxed mac and cheese every day for lunch as he would be eating gourmet meals. He truly enjoys both, and likes to cook, but sometimes I wonder!
Now I tag the following 8 bloggers to answer my questions:
1. What is your Go-To recipe when you run out of energy or can think of nothing else to make?
2. What is the food/dish/meal that’s on your “to tackle” list that you’ve never gotten around to trying or are still intimidated by?
3. What’s your favorite party food to eat? to make?
4. If you had to evacuate your home and could only take one kitchen gadget, what would it be? What would you be saddest to leave behind because you were only allowed one?
5. You’re cooking a gourmet meal for a small dinner party, if you have no budgetary or time constraints, what would you make?
6. What do you consider your most important ingredient?
7. What do you want your legacy to be — for which friends and family best remember you?
8. What is your silliest/craziest food dream ever?
I can’t wait to see what your answers are!!!