Intimidation = Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (plus a linky)

Intimidation, your name may just be Bragg’s Liquid Aminos.
When I first started on my lower sodium kick last spring (which I’ve stuck to with varying success), I decided to use less soy sauce. Unfortunately, we had (and still have most of) an industrial-sized container of soy sauce.
I purchased Bragg’s Amino Acids (All Purpose) anyway with the intent of trying it with my next meal. Or…. not. Over six months later, the bottle remains in my cupboard, unopened. There’s no reason I can think of for not using it; I can’t even justify it with using up the rest of my soy sauce… since there’s been few marinades in the last half-year.
I must be intimidated by it. I’m not sure what to use it for or how to use it, and haven’t had much success in Googling.
This is where YOU come in, fabulous readers. Of course it’s where you come in — I want this to be a very interactive experience. 🙂
I would love to know your thoughts and experiences (via comments) with Bragg — positive or negative, as well as links to any recipes in which you’ve successfully used Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (hence the linky below!). I can’t wait to hear from you 🙂
On the linky – please do try to keep it to recipes that use or talk about Bragg. Recipes that are posted for the heck of it will be removed… this is for my edification after all 🙂 Also, as I’m leaving this linky open for several months, please leave me a comment letting me know you’ve posted so that I know it’s here and can check back 🙂
EKat’s Kitchen :. a series of culinary experiments and digressions on life. © 2010-2011

1. Hi there, not sure what this is amino …going to go check it out… sounds like its really healthy for you especially for people with high blood pressure if its lower in salt content.. going to check out this soy product!

2. Love Braggs! I’ve linked up a green bean recip using them. Enjoy!

Dr. Laura

3. Kerri says:

Thanks for visiting my blog Erin! I can’t wait to browse your blog. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

4. girlichef says:

I’ve heard of it, but never actually used it before, so I’m interested in seeing what recipes people link up, too!

5. Emily Z says:

I have never used this stuff, but now I am curious to see what people post! I know Braggs make delicious apple cider vinegar. At Whole Foods I get a drink they make that is a combination of grape juice and apple cider vinegar… it sounds weird but it’s actually really good!

6. I’ve never heard of this either. Good luck in your search.

I think you and I started a lower sodium kick around the same time lol. Will have to keep that in mind!

7. Kathleen says:

I’ve never tried this. Cant wait to see what recipes come up!

8. nico. says:

hey, thanks for stopping by! I’ve seen this is in the grocery store but I haven’t used it. It looked interesting as I recall. It doesn’t have a lot of unpronounceable ingredients like low-sodium soy sauce does, right?

9. For anyone who has subscribed, I just posted a recipe I just tried… and loved using Braggs!

Nico — the ingredients are vegetable protein from soybean and purified water!

10. Trine Bean says:

I just discovered this stuff and have decided that I can use it interchangeably with soy sauce. I posted two links (I hope that’s ok) that use liquid amino and I thought tasted great! good luck. It must be difficult to make the switch with a vat of soy sauce hanging around.

11. I have not tried this…sounds like good stuff 🙂

12. Anonymous says:

Its the best, though it is VERY salty. Mix it with oil and use as a vinegrette over anything and everything. Im eating chicken, spinach and couscouse right now with Braggs.