Homemade Chili Powder (Flakes)

1. Everytime I come here you amaze me! This is great making your own spice, I usually freeze everything never knew bbb sold the bottles so cute and perfect for gifts too! What a great tip thanks so much! These are lovely!

2. Lyndsey says:

That was a preety bunch of peppers! Nice job on making the powder, and thanks for the idea!

3. Carolyn says:

Wow, so fantastic that you made your own chili powder. Hope that when you are back in Alaska (brrrrrr!), it helps remind you of the Southwest!

4. Hanna says:

Hey Erin! Thanks for the nice compliment on my HUGE belly:) THis is a great idea. These chile ristras are EVERYwhere here! Mostly used for decoration but a great idea to use it this way:)

5. Katerina says:

The bunch of peppers look gorgeous fresh and dry. You made one chilli powder!

6. Donna says:

I agree with everyone! The bouqet of peppers is SOO pretty and SUCH a good idea about grinding them up! Can’t beat homemade spices!

7. Karen says:

Wow! What beautiful peppers! And what a great idea. I wish I would have done with with the bunch of peppers I just had to throw out because they got moldy in the fridge. I bet the flavor of your homemade chili flakes is amazing!

8. Hi Erin!! Joining your Friday Potluck this week if you don’t mind 🙂

I have linked it to my latest blog post here:

9. Cake Duchess says:

That is gorgeous. That chili bouquet is like what my grandmother-in-law does in Calabria. Love it!:)

10. Drick says:

hey, I have dried my homegrown peppers before to cook with but never thought of grinding them for spice – nice … and have handled so many peppers that my hands are numb … great blog you have, thanks for stopping by mine

11. Shannon says:

I love the pepper bouquet hanging in the kitchen. How did you do that?

12. Great post Erin! I’m jealous of the dry Colorado air. If I hung a bunch of peppers in my kitchen in Michigan – especially during one of our humid summers, I’d end up with lovely green moldy goo 🙂 Hope those buffalo steaks were amazing!

13. Alisa says:

I really enjoyed reading your posts.I’d love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this chili powder widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about chili powder, Thanks!