Friday Potluck #11

Happy belated Thanksgiving!! I hope that you all have so much to be thankful for and are blessed this holiday.
And of course, that you have a bounty of leftovers to feast on!
In my tryptophan-induced food coma, I watched movies last night with K and completely forgot that the next day (today) would be Friday. Actually I knew it would be Friday, but didn’t make the connection that it was Friday Potluck. In fact, to K’s delight, the only time that my computer was in use yesterday was to look up turkey cooking times and a gravy recipe. (I pulled other recipes using my much-loved iPhone. shhhh)
We forgot to take many pictures of our feast, but it was awesome! I’ll be posting about our Thanksgiving in a few days, but suffice it to say for now, that my first Thanksgiving dinner was a wild success! Our turkey recipe was a hodgepodge of various advice given, and it’s all awesome.
Welcome to Friday Potluck!

Last week’s favorites
As always, I had difficulty picking which five posts from last week to include. Ultimately, I chose six this week. It’s only my own rule that I’m breaking, but it’s because two people posted two great twists on the same dish!

by Christina @ C & C Marriage Factory
I love French Onion Soup. Whenever I see a great post about it, I find it very important to investigate. I’ve never made my own, but it’s only a matter of time!

by Trina of the Beans
Again, LOVE French Onion Soup! And, I love that Trina has made a meatless variety! YUM!
by Dan @ Recipes by the Haggis and the Herring
I saw this recipe this past week at the Hearth & Soul Hop at girlichef’s blog! I loved it! Dan is now a blogland friend, and I’m so glad that he brought it to Friday Potluck! This is sure to be a recipe to make the hubby (and me!!!) happy!

by Michele @ Fit Foodista
I love finding new ways to make Chinese food from scratch, and healthy. I especially love Sesame Chicken! Love this post from Michele and we’ll  be trying it (once we finish up our leftovers!)
by Marea @ The Foodie Fixx
I’m not sure how I first met Marea, but it may have been Twitter. I’m really glad she’s started linking up to Friday Potluck, and that her first entry was delicious pizza. Both pizza recipes she’s posted look great — as does the crust… with yummy cheese!
by Permanent Posies
I think that this wrap looks awesome! And, as it’s breakfast time, I may be cooking this up shortly! YUM!!!
Now on to this week’s Friday Potluck!

grab the code!

The Rules:
1. Add the button above or a link back to this post/my blog in your own fabulous blog post.
2. Join the Party!!
3. Leave me a note to let me know you’ve entered.
4. Visit some of your fellow potluckers’ posts to get inspired!
 *note — if you forget to link back or add a button, you’ll receive a gentle friendly reminder to add it in 🙂
AND, if you want to join in Friday-Potluck Daily, please let me know your Twitter handle. I’ll follow you (you can follow me @ekatskitchen). To subscribe to the paper click here and then click subscribe!
EKat’s Kitchen :. a series of culinary experiments and digressions on life. © 2010-2012

1. e-Mom says:

Oh my… all look good. I’m partial to orange chicken! Happy Thanksgiving, Erin!

2. So glad your Thanksgiving feast went well! Thanks for hosting and enjoy the rest of the weekend 🙂

3. Dan says:

Hooray for Thanksgiving part II. I’m sharing my post from this year’s Canadian Thanksgiving. The dish is one of my favourite for dinner parties.

Cheers!

4. nico. says:

oooh, french onion soup! I love options!

5. Mateja ^_^ says:

I’ve an award for you (One lovely blog award). Please fell free to pick it up at

6. After all I ate yesterday and I still want to look and read about food!!

7. Mommy D says:

Entered my answer to leftovers 😉 Thanks for the Friday Potluck!

8. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with way too much food 🙂
    Katie

9. Happy Tryptophan Coma Erin and congrats on a successful first Thanksgiving 🙂 I’m looking forward to hearing the details…the good, the bad, and the ugly if there were any!

I’m turkey’d out so I entered a non-poultry but still indulgent recipe – my new favorite mac and cheese.

Thanks for the mention!!! I’ve got some other great, healthy recipes coming up.

10. Miriam says:

Hello! I linked up with you a little late. I hope your Thanksgiving was delicious and that you have a wonderful weekend :). Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

11. Marea Davis says:

I am so excited to have the honor of being one of your friday features!! Thanks for the support and can’t wait to participate again!

Happy Day-After Thanksgiving!
    <3Marea @www.The.FoodieFixx.blogspot.com

12. Christina says:

Thanks so much for featuring me! I am a French onion soup lover too! Can’t wait to try some of the other features, they all look delish!

13. What a lovely collection of amazing dishes!

14. great round up this week….sorry I missed it, 4 hours sleep in three days! tis the season working retail, nice job here foodies!

15. Beth says:

I’ll definitely check out that sesame orange chicken. Looks wonderful!

16. Mika says:

I just found your blog and it looks fun! I’m now following you and I’d love a follow back at http://www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
    Thanks! Mika

17. Each week, I get here by Sunday night and think, “Better late than never.” Is that from my childhood?

There are so many good looking dishes here. How do I ever get to make everything I want?