Pomegranate Juice

I’ve seen lots of awesome pomegranate recipes as my favorite fruit appears for the season. I love pomegranates. I don’t love destroying my clothes by eating them, but I’m willing to make a few sacrifices.
I’ve had three pomegranates in the fridge for a few weeks, and had a craving to do something with them.
Similarly, I had a craving to use my new food processor.
If you hadn’t already read the title, I’m sure you could probably read where this was going. If not, well, I made some lovely pomegranate juice. No additional anything added.
First, seed the pomegranates.
Want to see them again? They’re so lovely. And so tasty.
Toss the seeds (juice pouches) into a food processor.
I love my food processor. It makes my day.
Process until smooth.
Press through a cheesecloth or a strainer.
You get….
Voila!
About half a glass of juice.
Half a glass!!!?!?!
After all that work?
It was really good juice. But now I have a solid understanding for why pomegranate juice is so spendy.
See how delicious and frothy it is?
I had to make it last.
So I added Sprite to turn it into two servings.
Enjoy my Pomegranate Juice
I’m linking this up with my Friday Potluck

as well as with
Inspiration Friday over at Vanessa’s place
Foodie Friday @ Designs for Gollum
Vegetarian Foodie Friday @ Breastfeeding Moms Unite
EKat’s Kitchen :. a series of culinary experiments and digressions on life. © 2010-2012

Yum! Now I want pom. juice and sprite. I just ordered a food processor, so now it will have another use. 🙂

2. girlichef says:

I love pomegranates…but I actually use one of those reamer-type hand juicers over a jar…which is probably way messier and way harder, LOL! I got about 12 oz. juice from one pom! I like mixing it w/ gingerale…I bet sprite is pretty close 😀 Now I need some!

3. katerina says:

I love pomegranate juice. Drinking it and add it to cooking.

4. no wonder that juice is so expensive….only a half a glass! love pomegranates!!

5. Kirby says:

I love anything pomegranate but havent ever done anything with it, so I guess I will just have to now! I bet it is super good with Sprite added in with it!

6. its great on Salmon if you like it! love this pom juice nice job your right it ruins your clothes lol

7. I did that with a cantaloupe once. I juiced the whole thing and thought “that’s it?” I just bought a new food processor so I want to make this! Thanks!

8. I thought for sure there would be more! It taste wonderful though!!

9. Miriam says:

Pomegranates are expensive, so yummy and good for you thou. I guess the only way is to grow a tree of them:). Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

10. Vanessa says:

Yum! Not only are poms good for you they are delicious too! Thanks so much for linking up to the party Erin!
    Vanessa

11. Mary says:

It’s wonderful to be able to make your own juice, but don’t spend the Christmas bonus all in one place :-). I admire all cooks who work at avoiding waste. You’ve done that here. Kudos. Have a great day. Blessings…Mary

12. Melodie says:

I’m totally inspired. Thank you for linking this up. I really want to try this now!

13. Yumm-O Erin! Your juice looks worth a red perma-stain or two. Plus, it’s soooooo good for you – full of antioxidants!