Friday Potluck #18 January 14th

Welcome to Friday Potluck #18!!!
Welcome, also, to 2011!!!
Every year, my parents host a party called “Four Minutes More” that celebrates reaching a gain of four minutes a day of daylight. It sounds weird, but wait till you spend a winter in Alaska. Four minutes more is everything. EVERYTHING! This weekend is four minutes more… and therefore it’s a party!
As it’s also Friday, well, when in Rome… this Friday Potluck is in honor of four minutes more of AK daylight!!!

Highlights from Potluck #17 last week!

Garlic Fries
by Pam @ From Apples to Zucchini

Two words: Yummy, Amazing! I love every recipe of Pam’s that I find!!!

Crunchy Potato Bites
by Cat @ Cookin’ With Cat

I love potato bites, and I love that Cat brought them to the Potluck!

White Wine and Tomato Braised Chicken
by Michele @ Fit Foodista

I love all of Michele’s recipes, and love that she cooks with wine. This looks soooo tasty! 🙂

Spiked Eggnog
by Miranda @ Mangoes and Chutney

This looks fantastic! What a great way to bring in the new year, and YUM! Small wonder as to why this made highlights 🙂

Spinach Feta Stuffed Mushrooms
 by Easy to be Gluten Free

This is such a tasty looking treat! I want to try these soon!

On to this week’s potluck!! Happy four minutes more to you all! 🙂

grab the code!

The Rules:
1. Add the button above or a link back to this post/my blog in your own fabulous blog post.
2. Join the Party!!
3. Leave me a note to let me know you’ve entered.
4. Visit some of your fellow potluckers’ posts to get inspired!
 *note —  if you forget to link back or add a button, you’ll receive a gentle  friendly reminder to add it in 🙂

AND, if you want to join in Friday-Potluck Daily, please let me know your Twitter handle. I’ll follow you (you can follow me @ekatskitchen). To subscribe to the paper click here and then click subscribe!

This linky list is now closed.

EKat’s Kitchen :. a series of culinary experiments and digressions on life. © 2010-2012

1. Miranda says:

Thanks for the mention! That is an interesting tidbit about AK – you guys enjoy your extra 4 minutes of sunshine! I have always wondered what a winter in AK would be like, hope to find out someday.

2. Faith says:

sounds like it would be a fun party!!! I joined in with some yummy soup!

3. e-Mom says:

Yay! Four minutes more! I totally get it. GREAT IDEA.

Also, garlic fries and spiked eggnog? What a dynamic combination. Let’s eat!

Thanks for hosting, Erin.

4. Lisa says:

Oh those garlic fries sound like the perfect snack. I linked up with Angel Biscuits.

5. I love daylight – I’d definitely join in those 4 minutes more celebrations! Thanks so much for hosting, and I’d love it if you would join in the new Blog Hop I’m hosting with Alex of A Moderate Life. Have a wonderful weekend!

6. Melynda says:

Happy 4 minutes more! Sharing Swedish Saffron Bread, thanks for hosting.

7. Hey Erin! Thanks so much for the mention. That was, indeed, a yummy dish. Plus, the receipe makes a TON.

Counting the years until I can retire to the southwest where there a 330 sunny days per year as opposed to 170 or (something crazy like that) in Michigan, I am with you guys 100% on the four minutes party. Hope you have an absolute blast!

8. Lisa says:

The recipe I’m sharing this week is thrifty “Gluten Free Waffles.” They are also grain free and have a dairy free option.

Thanks for hosting!

Happy 4 more minutes! I can see that when you live in Alaska every second of daylight counts!

This week I linked white beans and rice with “pickle meat,” one of my brother’s New Orleans favorites.

Thanks for hosting the potluck. I’m really craving those garlic fries, btw.

10. catberner says:

I’m honored to be one of this week’s highlights! I see a lot of other yummy looking recipes too that I can’t wait to try!

11. Karishma says:

Hi Erin, it was fascinating reading about how your family celebrates the extra 4-min sunshine…something we take so much for granted here in India! This is my second entry to your event and I love it…such interesting recipes come up every week and your recipes too! Have a lovely weekend..

12. I would send you some of our gorgeous Arizona sunshine if I could! Then you would have an excuse for another party!
    This week I am sharing my Coconut Cake recipe. It is so easy to make because everything is mixed up in your blender then you just fold in beaten egg whites and bake! It tastes incredible too because there are 3 kinds of coconut in it!

13. Thanks for hosting “Friday Potluck”. I linked up with Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies, the recipe name was too long to fit in, so I just called them cookies and added my blog name. Have a good weekend!

-Brenda

Happy 4 Minutes! I missed you while you were away. I brought you my Sweet Potato Tamale Dessert. I would like to invite you to bring a dish to my Full Plate Thursday. Thank you for hosting today and have a great week end!

15. Thanks for featuring my stuffed mushrooms! And for hosting once again. This week I am linking up with a Slow Cooker Spicy Lentil Soup.

16. Donna says:

OMG…I love ANY party that celebrates the little things in life:) Why not make everything special, right?? Thanks again for hosting!

17. Welcome Back Erin, thanks for hosting. I like your “Four Minutes More” celebration. It’s fun to celebrate what is important to us personally. Celebrations don’t always have to be for “traditional” occasions.

Have fun!

18. Heidi says:

Thanks for hosting. Love that you celebrate the extra 4 minutes of light. Fun! I linked up my deviled eggs which are a hit not what the celebration.

19. Hi Erin! I have to apologize for not stopping by your lovely potluck more often, but I am going to remedy that! I bookmarked your page in my linky file and that means I will visit on fridays or saturdays whenever I can! What a lovely group of folks you have here sharing potluck love! I am linking up an easy mark bittman recipe for chicken parmigiana that we really liked! All the best! Alex

20. Hope you loving Alaska thanks for the remind on Twitter…so busy sorry it took me so long to post! Happy Sunday!