Friday Potluck #19 – Jan 21

Friday Potluck #19!

Thank you all for your lovely four minutes wishes! I am pleased to announce that we’re now up to 4:34 a day — over 30 minutes more a week! YAHOO! I’m a happy girl — and definitely notice the difference as I make the 45-minute drive every morning from my parents’ house to my job… only a matter of counting down the days until we’re in the new house (I hope!!) and then you can have pictures. And then the cooking starts!!! One of my first projects will be a hummus, which I’ve never made before, so I welcome your experiences! 🙂

Last week’s favorites

Superhero Cupcakes
by SugarSwings

FUN FUN FUN! I love sugarswing’s fun idea – perfect for superheroes of all ages! Need I say more? I’m a sucker for cupcakes!

Red Beans & Rice
by Louanne @ Louanne’s Kitchen

I love red beans, and my dad just made some — I’ll have to make this soon! 🙂

Chicken with Wild Mushroom Cream Sauce over Pasta
by Katerina @ Culinary Flavors

I just love mushrooms and think this looks amazing. I always love checking out Katerina’s recipes and her blog!

Pina Colada Breakfast Cupcakes
by Joseph’s Grainery

Of course the words “pina” and “colada” caught my eye… and I fell in love with more cupcakes. I’ve got to learn to bake one day! And soon!

Sweet Potato Tamale Dessert
by Miz Helen @ Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

MMMMexican food… and sweet potatoes.  and Dessert? Yum!!!

On to this week’s potluck!!

grab the code!
The Rules:
1. Add the button above or a link back to this post/my blog in your own fabulous blog post.
2. Join the Party!!
3. Leave me a note to let me know you’ve entered.
4. Visit some of your fellow potluckers’ posts to get inspired!
 *note —  if you forget to link back or add a button, you’ll receive a gentle  friendly reminder to add it in 🙂

AND, if you want to join in Friday-Potluck Daily, please let me know your Twitter handle. I’ll follow you (you can follow me @ekatskitchen). To subscribe to the paper click here and then click subscribe!

This linky list is now closed.

EKat’s Kitchen :. a series of culinary experiments and digressions on life. © 2010-2012

1. Lisa says:

I linked up with chicken divan. Looks like a delicious roundup of dishes. I also thought the superhero cupcakes were super cute.

2. Katerina says:

Thanks for putting my dish to the week’s favorites and for hosting this event!

3. e-Mom says:

Happy Friday Potluck, Erin!

4. ☺lani☺ says:

I become hungry and it’s nonly 4pm 🙂 Happy weekend Erin!

5. There are some very yummy looking dishes in your featured recipes, and in the linky! Thank you for hosting and have a lovely weekend!

6. Zahra Brown says:

The superheroes one is my favourite on the list. Cute and cool. It’s a great idea, and doesn’t look difficult for kids to make with their parents.

7. Thanks for hosting! Looks like a good line-up of recipes to explore.

-Brenda

8. Elizabeth says:

Yum! Those breakfast cupcakes look delicious! I linked up my Toffee PB cookies, Thanks for hosting!

9. Amelia says:

Everything looks so delicious, thanks for hosting. 🙂
    I’m a new follower!

You are so kind to feature my Sweet Potato Tamale Dessert I really appreciate it. I brought my Fresh Apple Cake today and hope everyone enjoys it. Thank you for hosting today and you have a great week end!

11. Dan says:

My entry is more of a concept and its origins than a recipe, but it does the trick, especially for potlucks. Happy cold. We have our own snow today, but I imagine my whining from Toronto (where the mayor once called in the army to dig us out) falls on deaf ears in Alaska 🙂

12. Thank you for hosting! Have a wonderful day!

13. Ms Bibi says:

I am your newest follower and I found your Friday Potluck through Sweet As Sugar Cookies.

Those Pina Colada Breakfast Cupcakes look so yummy.

I linked up recipe from my cooking blog (I have 3 blogs): http://www.frugalwannabecooks.com

14. Louanne says:

I linked up my salmon. Many thanks for featuring my last week’s red beans & rice!

15. sugarswings says:

thanks for the feature! so awesome 🙂 lots of great recipes today need to go take a peek at them!

16. Hi Erin- Happy Friday!
    I am sharing my recipe for Apple Oatmeal Muffins this week. The recipe is gluten free, but they can be made with “regular” flour if you don’t have an issue with gluten.
    If anyone is interested, I am having a giveaway for a 7 pound box of Organic Meyer Lemons!

Everything looks delicious! Thanks for hosting!

18. Hi Erin! I wanted to say what a lovely potluck you have thrown together! So many great friends and lovely dishes to share! I am linking up a great and easy roast chicken with tons of winter vegetables that my entire family gobbled up! All the best! Alex

19. I linked my chocolate almond cookies. Thanks for hosting Erin.
    Delicious round-up as usual