• Uncategorized

Friday Potluck #22 and NEW HOUSE

Yes!!! Ladies and gentlemen, we are in our new house!

I have pictures on my camera, of the “before” but I’ve been so busy running around and prepping for working on the house before the furniture arrives, that I haven’t had time to blog or post them anywhere… coming soon! Plus, we only just got internet in the house.

There are some great advantages to buying a house that’s been vacant for a while, but also some major disadvantages… a few stinky rooms, really stinky sinks and tubs, and REALLY stinky refrigerator.
Suffice it to say that I haven’t bought any perishables that need to be refrigerated. Even with multiple containers of baking soda, whenever the fridge is opened I’m ready nearby, holding my breath and prepared with Glade’s Hawaiian Sunset air freshener. Hey, don’t knock it.

Our handyman told me to put on my “big girl britches” and bleach the hell out of it. I respectfully told him that K could put on his “big boy britches” and do it, and that my vote was to buy a new fridge. Guess who won!

Me!!

K is on his way to pick up our new fridge now. It’s really win-win though, because after K (aka “Big boy britches”) cleans the fridge, he gets to use it for beer and meat… a man’s true paradise. Soon, along with my “before” and “after” photos are posted, I’ll show you my GORGEOUS new stainless french door fridge with a bottom freezer drawer… thatย we got for….
….
….
….
….
$1095!!!!
Alaskan price. Brand spanking new. On clearance. With Warranty. SCORE!!!!! That last stop was SO worth it.

Grocery store, here we come! We get our furniture next week, so this weekend we’re painting up a storm. With that, as I listen to the cats play “Zoomies” and skitter across the hardwood floors,ย I am VERY VERY much looking forward to seeing what you bring to Friday Potluck this week. I need motivation, my friends. As if my new fridge weren’t enough!! ๐Ÿ™‚

grab the code!

You know the drill!

The rules:

1. Please link directly to your recipe (not your main blog).
2. Please only one recipe per blog.
3. Be sure, in the linked blog post, to link back here to Friday Potluck @ EKat’s Kitchen using the button above or text.
4. Have fun, do some visiting and enjoy!

Friday Potluck is open for linking up Thursdays at 10pm AKST (midnight, Mountain Time) until Mondays, midnight Alaska time)

This linky list is now closed.

EKat’s Kitchen :. a series of culinary experiments and digressions on life. ยฉ 2010-2011

1. Katerina says:

Congratulations Erin on your new home. I wish you this home to be filled with love and perhaps little children’s voices? Thanks for hosting.

2. Candace says:

Thank you so much for hosting, Erin! I’m linking up for the first time this week with Asian Glazed Chicken. Congratulations on your new home and for getting a cool new fridge! That was a great deal on that which makes the purchase even nicer. Have a wonderful weekend in your new home, Candace

3. Archana says:

Thanks for hosting this event. My first time here and I have linked an Idli! A South Indian Speciality!

4. Freebies Mom says:

Happy Friday! LOVE your blog!
    Visiting from the hop.
    New Follower
    Freebies 4 Moms

5. girlichef says:

Congrats, Erin…that’s SO awesome! I can’t wait to see it =) Thanks for hosting through all of your excitement!

6. Thanks for hosting again! Good luck in your new place! Stay healthy happy and warm! ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Fantastic news Erin! Moving is soooo much work; but what a great thing to be creating a new home back home in Alaska. I’m thrilled for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great Friday!

8. City Share says:

Congratulations on your new house and fridge. Thanks for hosting! I can’t wait to see the photos. I love before and after photos.

9. Nice on the house AND the new frig! Can’t wait to see pictures!

10. Congrats on your new home! Thanks for hosting, I brought some chocolate cherry cookies as a housewarming gift.

-Brenda

11. Congrats on your new house and new fridge.:) Happy Friday!!

12. Debbie says:

Congrats on the new house. I’m anxious for the Open House tour:)

13. Kirby says:

Aww I bet your so excited about your new house and new fridge! Congrats! Thanks for hosting, was happy to link up this week! Have a great weekend!

Congratulations! I appreciate that you’re hosting the potluck even though you’re going through a move…and destinking sinks!

15. Donna says:

Congrats on your new home, Erin!!! And your AWESOME bargain;) Best of luck to you:)

16. Congratulations Erin on your new home. How exciting – except for all the scrubbing and painting – but it’s always soooooo worth it.

All the best to you and Happy Cooking!

I have a truffle recipe you may want to try when you get settled and share with “big boy britches” on a belated V-Day.

Joanne

Congratulations Erin…I am so happy that you are in your new house. You have a great food table today. I brought you my Butternut Chowder and hope you enjoy it. Thank you for hosting and you have a great Valentines Day!

18. Mateja ^_^ says:

Congrats on your new house! Hope you will harvest all the best memories in this house that you now call home ^_^

19. So glad you’re in your new house! Thanks for hosting Erin!

Heather @At The Picket Fence

20. Can’t wait to see the house and for you to get back into the swing of everyday life.

21. Ott, A. says:

Congrats on the new house. HOpe you have an awesome kitchen to whip up more amazing dishes!

Yay for the new house!!

23. Hey Erin! Congrats on the new house and that fridge bargain! I know its stressful moving, but it is always nice to make your house a home! I am linking up a lovely way to make left overs over, cheesey root vegetable pasta bake! All the best with your new house! Alex

24. Mama Zen says:

Woo hoo! Congratulations!

25. Yenta Mary says:

Hi! New follower … ๐Ÿ™‚

foodfloozie.blogspot.com

26. Debbie says:

Congrats on the new house and refrigerator. Once you are settled, come join me for either Crock Pot Wednesday or What’s on the Menu Wednesday which starts back up again in March.

27. Desi says:

Congrats on your new fridge! I have always wanted a stainless steel fridge! Can’t wait to see pics ๐Ÿ™‚ And for such a good price!