Friday Potluck #25!

Welcome to FRIDAY POTLUCK!!!

There haven’t been many posts this week, as in NO posts this week. This former Alaska girl, newly transplanted back home, encountered a nasty Alaska-sized cold this week and couldn’t measure up. That’s it, I admitted at least a temporary defeat to a cold.

What did this mean? The two years spent Outside…
(Here’s a little lesson in Alaska vernacular: Outside means anywhere Outside of Alaska… could be the Lower 48, a different country, or a different continent. Consider Outside to be your word of the day.)

The two years Outside (in Colorado) have made me into a winter time wimp. I spent the last two winters shaking in my fashionable boots that the temperature might dip into the 20s, whereas now I can barely contain myself that next week we might get into the 30s on a regular basis. It’s a sick and twisted mentality and the irony is NOT lost on me. I find myself pining away for 60 degree weather with a fervor that I had, until this point, thought impossible. Whoops.

Once again, I’m behind in reading everyone’s blogs, so I very much look forward to what you have to post this week. I also apologize in advance for the poor quality of any photos I post of the bounty of amazing veggie-inspired dishes this weekend. I cannot locate my camera battery charger… and need to!

Before we carry on with Friday Potluck, a few important announcments:

CSN Giveaway –ย ends Monday at midnight AK time. Get your extra entries in now.ย Click here to enter!

And of course, what would Friday Potluck be without the highlights of last week’s entries!

Mini Rotelle Pasta Muffins
by Sunshine & Smile

If you know anything about me, you know that I adore pasta… I love the creative use of pasta in these muffins!

Ritz Peanut Butter S’mores
by Miranda @ Mangoes & Chutney

Just look at the picture… doesn’t this bring out the little kid at campfire — and the grown up little kid in all of us. Miranda’s gorgeous pictures and fun recipe make this post aย real winner!

Balsamic Mustard, Whiskey Mustard, Loaded Green Apple Mustard
by Dan @ The Haggis and the Herring

I love these posts of Dan’s! Amazing combinations… and I love “Make Your Own” style condiments and spices… MMMMMMMMMM.

And with that, on to Friday Potluck!

grab the code!
The rules – they’re simple, so please follow them!

1. Please link directly to your recipe (not your main blog).
2. Please only one recipe per blog.
3. Be sure, in the linked blog post, to link back here to Friday Potluck @ EKat’s Kitchen using the button above or text.
4. Have fun, do some visiting and enjoy!

Friday Potluck is open for linking up Thursdays at 10pm Alaska time until Sundays at midnight!

This linky list is now closed.

EKat’s Kitchen :. a series of culinary experiments and digressions on life. ยฉ 2010-2012

1. Wanderer says:

Hello. I’m linking up a delicious, creamy, zesty soup for those cold spring nights.
    Thanks for hosting! Hope you’re feeling better soon.

2. Denise says:

Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing my Mexican Omelette for Friday Potluck. Hope you feel better quickly!!

I’m following now ๐Ÿ™‚

Denise @ Creative Kitchen

3. Kankana says:

Hey Erin, thank’s so much for featuring my dish ๐Ÿ™‚ I am back this friday to share one my deep fried delight! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. I know exactly how you feel about the temperatures (well, almost, as I’ve never been to Alaska!). I grew up in Canada with seriously hot summers and incredibly cold winters. I have to laugh at myself now I’ve lived in England for 20+ years though because if it dips below zero, I’m like, wow, this is SO cold but it’s nothing compared to the – 20 degrees plus they get in Canada! And when we do go back to Canada in winter I shake in my fashionable boots too!!

I’ve brought a (slightly Canadian themed) maple glazed chicken recipe today. Thank you so much for hosting!

5. Jane says:

Good Morning!
    I added my Chicken Cutlets w/ Prosciutto to the Potluck. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

You have lots of wonderful food today. I have shared my Bread Pudding. Thank you for hosting and have a great week end!

7. Thanks for hosting, I brought a Roasted Cauliflower Tart today.

-Brenda

8. I’m back and I’m sharing a Filipino dish called Seafood Kare-Kare (seafood in sauce flavored with ground roasted peanuts and toasted rice flour).
    Again, thanks for hosting! Have a fun weekend!

Hope you feel better soon. I’m way behind reading blogs too.

Thanks for hosting!

10. roz says:

Thanks for hosting Erin; all linked up with a link on my post back to your party. I hope that you join me on my get-together this weekend too. Roz at la bella vita

11. Martha (MM) says:

Thanks for hosting – have a great weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Hi Erin! Hope you are having a nice friday! I can’t wait for this weekend! It is my birthday whoo hooo! ๐Ÿ™‚ LOL I know, I am silly. Do you switch to daylight saving time in alaska too? I hate that spring forward is now so early in the spring! I am linking up my thoughts on friday foodie round up with tons of news and recipe highlights from all over the foodie world! All the best and have a great weekend! Alex

13. I love these “link” parties! What a great way to see a ton of recipes, with pictures! Thanks for letting me add my donut recipes this week!

14. Lisa says:

Just linked up with my Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies.