Poblano Macaroni & Cheese: The Homesick Texan Cookbook Cook Off

1. tadkapasta says:

This sounds wonderful, Erin. Poblanos are a fave with us, so much flavor and spiced just right.

2. This was such a great dish wasn’t it?! I love it with the farfalle–it’s one of my favorite pastas and the extra cumin–not an accident in my book.

I do thank you Erin for commenting on my willpower on my post, for this dish but remember I am a household of one so a half-batch still means I had plenty of it. 😉

3. Looks awesome with the farfalle! I can’t wait for next week to see where everyone goes with the free choice!
    Thanks and take care in that pasta aisle…

4. girlichef says:

I think it’s the CUMIN! That’s what totally sent it soaring to the top of the charts for me. I love how people have such wonderful love affairs with cheese-covered pasta 😉

Your Poblano Macaroni and Cheese looks delicious. It is has so many great flavors. Thanks for sharing and hope you are having a wonderful week!
    Miz Helen

6. Kim says:

I’m a mac and cheese lover too and I loved that you used the farfalle in your recipe. Plus, the extra cumin was no doubt fantastic since it gives such a nice flavor. Can’t wait to see your week 3 pick!

7. Dan says:

That looks soooo good.

I WISH that I was able to make something like that. My oldest is a very picky eater and when it comes to pasta, will only eat Kraft Dinner or plain pasta with butter.

As much of a treat it is to make real mac and cheese (baked, good cheeses, spices, etc.), it’s not worth it if I need to make something else for him. Well, maybe I’ll try it anyway since the youngest will definitely try it (he east anything).

8. JennyBean says:

Good lord, that looks good. And me trying to diet and all. Sometimes, I think I should just give in and be fat.

XOXO, Jenny

9. Ale says:

Do you stir in the poblanos on #3 or do you blend them with the mixer? This looks so yummy! And reminds me of one of my mom’s recipes 🙂

10. Ale, you stir them into the sauce. Though blending would also be a delicious way to to! 🙂

11. Lisa~~ says:

So many wonderful flavors, sounds delicious.

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

12. Miranda says:

I dipped into my leftovers tonight. I think after you turn into some sort of pasta dish, I’ll be close behind!

13. Hey Erin,
    If you are what you eat, I too would proabably fall into the pasta ranks! Although I can’t handle the spicy eats my family would LOVE this!

14. I love the addition of the cilantro! I am going to have to make another batch 🙂

15. Rajani says:

Love pasta in any form, simple, yummy and trouble free to make 🙂

16. peachkins says:

this is something that I would love!

17. kayla says:

Your Mac N Cheese looks amazing and love the “texas” spin you put on it!!

18. Yum. I love the addition of poblano; I bet that is a scrumptious combination with the cheese. I’m intrigued and will have to try this now. Thanks for sharing!

19. This looks amazing! I love poblano’s! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

20. Krissa says:

The flavors in this sound so good!

21. Run DMT says:

It’s comfort with a kick. YUM!!!

22. Concetta says:

What a wonderful recipe and the farfelle is the best choice! Thank you for sharing this keeper!
    <><
    Concetta

23. I think it’s the lime!! great flavor!! happy weekend!!

24. Leslie says:

I think it’s the cumin and the chili powder! Whatever it was, it worked!

And I think that Mac & Cheese should be it’s very own food group.

Turning into Mac & Cheese wouldn’t be such a bad thing. I mean, EVERYONE love Mac & Cheese. No one can resist it. 🙂