Mango Daiquiri Cocktail Recipe

Last weekend we had a party – a DIY pizza party, and I thought that it was high time to bring out the blender (or food processor as the case may be), and fix up a batch of fabulous mango daiquiris.

I learned how to make these real fruit treats from a friend earlier this year. Thank goodness for her wonderful lesson! These whole fruit daiquiris are always a huge hit.

Mango Daiquiris*

3-4 cups frozen mangoes
5-8 oz vodka
1 can frozen limeade
ice
whipped cream to garnish (optional)

Add the vodka to the blender first (so you don’t over or under pour), then add the mangoes and limeade. Fill the blender up the rest of the way with ice. Blend until smooth and pour into glasses… martini glasses, champagne glasses, margarita glasses… you name it. To start, this may be too thick to pour in, so spooning and ladling works well.

I also recommend using a straw! Everything is better with a straw.

Then of course, top off with whipped cream (which is conspicuously missing from the photo.)

Enjoy!!!

* Variations:

This is good with any fruit I’ve tried, fresh or frozen – blackberries, strawberries, and of course mangoes. Though it’s not limited to either. Frozen tends to work best because you get a more even blend, but fresh is tasty too! Also, if you prefer rum to vodka, by all means.

Also, these can be made with or without alcohol, but I adore them with the real stuff in it. However, if not adding liquor, I recommend a fruit juice of some kind to add more liquid in.

Proudly linking this up to

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
EKat’s Kitchen :. a series of culinary experiments and digressions on life. © 2010-2011

1. Lyndsey says:

Mmm sounds really good with the limeade in there. I am at the end of my mangoes from my tree for the season.

2. Mmmmm Mango! Love to try this. Thanks for the recipe.
    -Lynn

3. e-Mom says:

Oh my! These sound fabulous. It’s still very hot here in Arizona, and these would be a real treat. Bookmarking.

Your vodka reminds me that at Safeway the other day, a woman was sampling “Cupcake” Vodka… a new brand. (They also carry wines.) She mixed the vodka with 2 parts pineapple juice and one part club soda. Delightful!

4. peachkins says:

looks refreshing!

5. um yes please I’ll have one too! Oh my goodness these look so good! I bet they were perfect with your pizza party! I am sure it was a success! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us at Inspiration Friday! Love ya!

Heather

We love mango’s and this daiquiri looks awesome! Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come back soon!
    Miz Helen

7. Your mango daquiris sound fabulous. They’d make a great compliment to any of the Homesick Texan Cookbook recipes we’ve been enjoying!

Using the limeade is such a great idea!

Jenn

8. Judy says:

A fruity cocktail? Yes please! It’s five o’clock somewhere 😉

9. Kate says:

Actually, with vodka it’s a chi-chi… Rum = daquiri and Tequilla = margarita… My daddy taught me that! 🙂 Regardless of the type of fruit or booze, it’s yummy!! Cheers!

10. Pizza parties are a ton of fun, the mango daiquiris look yummy.