Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Nacho Cups
Shrimp make phenomenal leftovers for a few days. Looking for a great recipe for your leftover shrimp, while they cool their heels in the fridge?
Look no further. These shrimp nacho cups are delicious. I have a predilection for foods that are minis. I think that they are cute, and I feel that because they are somehow little, I can eat more of them. True to a point, but still, I often find myself eating a little more than I should… or a lot more.
That may be why I just signed up with a personal trainer… but that’s a story for another day
This story starts with some delicious Sweet n Spicy Grilled Shrimp that needed a new twist and ends with a great meal (or snack, if you prefer).
|Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Nacho Cups||
- 6 large shrimp, cooked according to your favorite recipe, chopped
- 16 Tostitos Scoops chips
- 1/4 Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 6 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1.5 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Set out your chips, cup side up, in a lightly greased 9×9 pan.
- Sprinkle about half of the cheese in the bottom of the chips.
- Set the shrimp pieces inside the cups.
- Top with tomatoes and cilantro.
- Mix together, the vinegar, sriracha, and sesame oil; spoon over the mixture inside the chips. (note, I only used about half of the mixture)
- Top each chip with the remaining cheese blend.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
You could make normal nachos with this recipe also.
While you could easily make regular nachos with this recipe, the joy of the mini shrimp nacho cups, is that they are in fact mini, and also that the chips don’t get soggy. I should say that mine didn’t get soggy… I ate them extremely fast.
The flavor in these was amazing, with the crunch of the chip, the goo of the cheese, and the flavor of the sesame/sriracha sauce, I will be making these again. Possibly tomorrow for lunch.