Make 8+ Rhubarb Drinks – Straight from your garden
Earlier this week, I posted about making rhubarb simple syrup. So a natural question would be “Geeze Erin, I have this tasty, sugary wonderfulness, now what do I do with it?”
So we’re going to talk about drinks we can make with rhubarb simple syrup. And they really fall into two categories – alcoholic and non-alcoholic. So there’s something in here for you whether you’re partaking in booze or not. I don’t care what your reasons are. While I haven’t made EVERY single one, suffice it to say, that I’ve sampled my fair share, and the others are on my list. I’m going to start with the very best rhubarb drinks, and end with the even better. (Translation – I’m starting with the PG versions without alcohol, and moving on to the alcoholic versions.) Shall we?
Non alcoholic rhubarb drinks
- Rhubarb lemonade – now you can go about this about 8,000 different ways. You could take your average run-of-the-mill lemonade and add a tablespoon of rhubarb simple syrup (RSS). Or you could hand squeeze a fresh batch, add an appropriate amount of RSS, and place in a super cool lemonade dispenser (I like this one).
- Rhubarb spritzer – get a can of your favorite sparkling water or white soda and add 1-2 tablespoons of your RSS. I really like it mixed with a citrus La Croix, but it’s really up to you.
- Virgin rhubarb drinks of most of the ideas below.
Alcoholic rhubarb drinks
- Rhu-pagne – Find a great prosecco and add a tablespoon of rhubarb for a sweet fizzy champagne cocktail (p.s. I’m sure you can come up with a better title, but it’s all I’ve got. It’s been a rough week.)
- Rhubarb mojito – Doesn’t this sound sinfully delicious? I can’t decide how awesome this would be — uber awesome, or super-uber awesome. Mint, rum, white soda, and rhubarb. Maybe a little sugar, but your rhubarb simple syrup may be sweet enough.
- Rhubarb fizz – Vodka, white soda, and… yep, RSS
- Rhu-tini – Vodka, lemon juice, and RSS. A fun twist would be a Pom-Rhu-tini – and use pomegranate juice instead of lemon juice.
- Rhubarb daiquiris – frozen rhubarb drinks sound particularly awesome
- Rhubarb margaritas – see above. I haven’t drank tequila since Cinco de Erin (my 24th birthday), but that’s a story for another time.
What ideas do you have for rhubarb drinks? Please share with us!
Note: This post includes one or more affiliate links. We appreciate your support!